Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Daily Thrifty Tip for February 10, 2011


#73 Valentine's Day on a Budget: I love my hubby! We are trying to save as much money as we can right now, so we've agreed to no gifts. We got some little things for our kids, but we know that we love each other and I don't need roses to know he loves me. Don't get me wrong, roses are appreciated by most every woman, but they are very expensive on Valentine's Day and let's face it.... they die!

So with that being said we still want to celebrate Valentine's Day together. It's hard to go out to dinner without the kids on Valentine's Day, because it's very difficult to find a babysitter on Valentine's Day! My sister and I decided to swap sitting duties so that each of us could spend some much needed alone time with our husbands. I volunteered to watch her kids on Valentine's Day evening if she'd watch mine on the day before Valentine's Day. (I'd rather go out on Sunday instead of a busy weeknight.) My husband and I are going to see a movie and then out to dinner. We received a gift certificate to the movies for Christmas and we will be using a coupon from the Entertainment Book for dinner. Therefore we will spend very little on Valentine's Day, but it will be special to us!

Be creative and come up with ways to celebrate that special day without breaking the bank! I wish all of my wonderful readers a Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy said...

I agree. There is no need to break the bank on Valentine's Day or any other holiday really. A nice romantic dinner at home with some candles is way better than being in some crowded & loud restaurant any day.