Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Daily Thrifty Tip for March 5, 2011


#96 Make a Weekly Menu! Before my husband and I had kids and I started working at home, we would go grocery shopping together without a plan. We'd just buy whatever looked good at the store and we realized that 1. we were wasting food that didn't get used before it expired, 2. we always had to make extra trips to the store to get one or two more ingredients, 3. we never had a plan of what to make for dinner and then decided to just eat out! Now I make a weekly or even bi-weekly menu and I make my shopping list from that. This had solved our food problems for the most part. We are sticking to the list and make less trips to the store and since we have a dinner plan, there are less fast food trips as well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this idea. We have a menu plan and involving the kids is such a great idea. And when they ask for something that's not on the list, you can say, 'but we don't need it' and they're even happy! Love this thrifty tip - and it saves heaps! xx