Friday, February 25, 2011

My Daily Thrifty Tip for February 25, 2011


#88 Utilize online bill pay with your bank. If you don't already, enroll in online bill pay at your bank. This not only saves you money on stamps and paper checks but it also helps you to keep a closer eye on your balance and avoid overdraft fees. You can schedule your payments for the day they are due and not have to mail checks a week before and can have an exact date for when the item will be withdrawn from your account. For instance I can schedule payments on the day that my husband gets paid (he gets his pay direct deposited) and I will know that the money will be in my account that day to cover the bills that I have paid. This helps out when you live paycheck to paycheck like so many of us do in this bad economy.

1 comment:

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy said...

Oh yes, online pay with your bank is a lifesaver. It's a great feature to use if you're a busy person with too many things on your plate to remember.

http;//yummommy.blogspot.com