Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Daily Thrifty Tip for January 30, 2011


#62 Make a list of all of the gifts you will be giving this year and shop early to get things at a better price! I have a large family and am always needing to buy a gift for someone. I've actually started a gift box (where the kids can't find it) and have been adding things to it as I find good bargains and items on clearance. For instance, on the day after Christmas I stocked up on stocking stuffer toys for my kids for next year. Obviously you can't buy perishable things this way, but you can really save some money by planning ahead! I frequently will find toys on clearance and purchase them for my gift box. Now that Bella is in Kindergarten she gets invited to more parties. When a party invitation comes in I usually have a great gift awaiting the birthday boy or girl!

Another great way to add to your gift box is to enter and win giveaways! I've won some great giveaway prizes that I have saved for baby showers and kid's birthdays!

No comments: