Friday, December 3, 2010

My Daily Thrifty Tip for December 3, 2010



#4 Visit your local library: My kids and daycare kids LOVE for me to read to them. I get tired of reading the same old books over and over. Books can also be pretty pricey to purchase. We actually just recently started visiting our local library and my kids love to go and pick out books. My daughter said "Can I pick out whatever book I want?" and I said "Sure, pick ten!"

Did you know that you can also borrow DVDs from your library? Our library has a great selection of children's DVDs. They even have some newer ones and our library lets you keep them for a whole week! Be careful to return or renew your books or DVDs by the due date! You don't want to have to pay the overdue fines! This is a great way to save money on entertainment! Next time you want to try out some new recipes, why not check out a cookbook from your local library?

10 comments:

Aleetha said...

It's been so long since my last visit to local library. :(
I dont even know where the public library here.

What I remember is they never updated their collection. They are full of dust and they just let it so. :(

Unknown said...

our public library is awesome not only to I get dvd's for my 2 yr. old grandson but they also have great children's/adults/christmas cds!

library's, oh yes...I love them!

@jencull (jen) said...

Thanks for the visit to my blog, following you now:) Jen

Carol said...

I am a great fan of the local library.
My youngest gets through 5 books a fortnight from the library.

newest follower here!
enjoy ur weekend

carol

Headhuntress said...

Hello!

What a great blog, thank you for the follow - am definitely following back! xx

Colton's Mommy said...

Thanks for the follow. I am your newest follower as well.

Kim said...

Oh, we love the library. We've fallen off the last month or so, but we were there once or twice a week. Ours has storytime that my girls loved. Also, we have a great online system for finding, requesting and renewing books. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. Following you back.

www.momspaycheck.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great idea. For some stupid reason, I seldom think of going to the library!

*~Petra~* said...

Ah, I love the library and its freeness! :)

Happy to follow you. Thanks for visiting!

:) Petra
http://donuts2crumpets.blogspot.com

SKY PRINCESS said...

No, I did not know I could borrow Dvds from a library. Sounds like I should check it out.

I am following you back from my Channeling Ricky blog! Thanks for the follow!