Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Daily Thrifty Tip for December 15, 2010


#16 Ask for samples of your medications next time you are at the doctor. When my husband was laid off last spring we had no insurance. My husband is a diabetic and his prescriptions are very costly. We applied for some prescription assistance and got a few of his prescriptions at low or no cost. He also talked to his doctor and the doctor was able to give him some insulin samples. The prescription companies provide doctor offices with samples of their medications to offer to their patients. This saved us alot of money. Next time you are at the doctor, why not ask if they have some samples of the medication that you take?

4 comments:

Debbie said...

That is a great tip!

Terri said...

Following you back! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

Jen Has A Pen said...

Thank you so much for the blog follow today! I really appreciate it and look forward to browsing your blog! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for following me... now I'm your newest follower! ~ Ellen