Friday, December 10, 2010

My Daily Thrifty Tip for December 10, 2010


#11 Get FREE items at Walgreen's using Register Rewards. A couple of years ago I started shopping at Walgreens and I try to go every week now for their awesome deals! Walgreens puts out their weekly ad in the Sunday paper. I always check to see what they have on sale. Many weeks they have items that you can get for free after "Register Rewards" This means you pay full price when you buy the product (well usually the item is on sale anyway and you can use any coupons that you may have to MAKE money) and a coupon prints out at the register that you can use on your next shopping trip.

So for instance: I buy some shampoo that costs $3 and I have a $1 off coupon. The item is free after Register Rewards. So you pay $2 out of pocket and receive a Register Reward for $3 that you can use at your next shopping trip! So you actually made $1 and got the item for free! Make sure you pay attention to expiration dates! The Register Reward usually expires in two weeks, so make sure you get back to the store or otherwise you miss out!

No comments: