**This is a sponsored post. I will be following the Nutrisystem weight loss program free of charge. All opinions are 100% my own!
Well I'm a little late posting this. For some reason I forgot to do my Nutrisystem post last week. Last week was a great week and I lost 2 more pounds! That brings my total weight loss to 10 pounds! I am so proud of my hard work and results! 10 pounds in only 5 weeks is great for me! I have learned that slow and steady wins the race. I can't expect for this weight to fall off overnight because I didn't put it on overnight. I want to lose weight the healthy way and I want to enjoy my life in the process.
What I mean by enjoying my life is that I still allow myself indulgences. For instance tomorrow my sister is adopting her 3 foster children! This has been a long road and we are all so excited to call them ours in the official sense. To celebrate we are all going to our favorite restaurant after the court proceedings. Well I can't exactly take a Nutrisystem meal to warm up at the restaurant, so I am going to try to make a healthy decision on lunch so that I don't undo my hard work. Nutrisystem recognizes that we all have a life and can't ALWAYS eat perfectly on our meal plan. When I received my first shipment of Nutrisystem foods, I was given an "Eating Out Guide" and it has really helped me to make better choices when dining out. These are tips that will stick with me throughout my life and especially down the road when I transition from Nutrisystem.
I want to share some of these awesome tips with my readers. Along with this pocket "Eating Out Guide" the Nutrisystem website also has great resources for eating out and making the best choices.
- Ask for sauces and dressings on the side. (I always ask for a light or fat-free version as well)
- Don't eat that huge portion! Split it with your dining partner or ask for a to-go box and put half of your meal into it before you start eating.
- Ask your server NOT to bring the bread or chip basket. Those calories really add up!
- Plan what you will order ahead of time. I always like to check out the restaurant's menu online so that I have an idea of what the healthiest option is for me.
- Eat slowly and take sips of water in between bites. It takes your body about 20 minutes to feel full, so slow down and really enjoy your food.
Nutrisystem is not just about eating prepackaged foods. I have really been impressed by the flavors and variety of the foods that I am eating, but I am also learning more about healthier options with their awesome online resources to make that transition to cooking entirely on my own, an easy one!
Week 5 Nutrisystem Results:
Starting Weight: 186
Current Weight: 176
Weight Loss to Date: 10 pounds
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.