**This is a sponsored post. I will be following the Nutrisystem weight loss program free of charge. All opinions are 100% my own!
Last Monday I started the Nutrisystem Fast 5 program! Although I forgot to take a picture of the scale this morning, I wanted to give you the results of my first week! Although I didn't lose a full 5 pounds, I was really close and lost 4 pounds! My current weight is: 182! I am thrilled with my results!
Well, I'm sure you all want to know how my week went and what foods I liked and didn't like, so I'm here to spill! The Fast 5 package came with 7 great breakfasts:
- Blueberry Muffin (yummy)
- Banana Nut Muffin (delicious)
- Cinnamon Streusel Muffin (loved it!)
- Double Chocolate Muffin (my favorite of the muffins - I'm a chocoholic!)
- Harvest Nut Bar (my favorite of the breakfast bars! - if you love nuts, you will love this one!)
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bar (tasted great!)
- Cinnamon Bun Bar (loved it!)
I really enjoyed all of the breakfasts! After looking at the nutrition facts of each item, I saw that they each had an ample amount of protein and fiber which really helped me to stay full until my next snack. I loved how easy all of them were for on-the-go portability! If you are a busy mom (or dad) like me, you will love how easy it is to throw a perfectly portioned breakfast into you bag in the morning! I really love that there is no calorie counting, or measuring!
About 2 and a half hours after breakfast I would have my EnergiZING Shake! As I mentioned earlier I LOVE chocolate and these shakes were chocolate flavored. I didn't have a shaker cup so these took a minute or so for me to mix up. I liked adding a few ice cubes because I liked it colder. The taste was great and it helped me to feel full until lunch time!
The Fast 5 Package also contained 7 great lunches:
- White Bean Chicken Chilli (I was worried about this one because I've never had a white bean chilli, but thought it tasted great! It had that chilli flavor I like and kept me satisfied!)
- Cheese Tortellini (I loved the sauce! I'm a pasta lover so this was a great treat for me!)
- Loaded Baked Potato (My FAVORITE of the 7 lunches! The only problem was that I wished there was more!)
- Three Cheese Pasta w/ Chicken (yummy and cheesy!)
- Spicy Kung Pao Noodles (Not my favorite, but I don't normally eat Asian foods like this, so someone else may really like it)
- Fudge Graham Bar (Delicious - great for on-the-go!)
- Double Chocolate Caramel Bar (reminded me of an unhealthy candy bar - so delicious!)
Dinnertime options were great too! Here's what I ate this week:
- Lasagna with Meat Sauce (loved the sauce and cheesiness!)
- Rotini with Meatballs and Tomato Sauce (The meatballs were great and I really like the marinara sauce!)
- Italian Herb Flatbread Pizza (I am a big pizza lover so I found this meal very satisfying)
- Thick Crust Pizza (Again, all pizza is great to me! I liked the thick crust of this!)
- Chicken Pot Pie (I liked how you put the crust on the last few seconds of cooking time. The crust was crunchy and tasted great with the chicken and veggies!)
- Chili with Beans (The chili tasted so good on these cold winter nights! It was just what I was craving)
- Penne Pasta and Chicken in Alfredo Sauce (I haven't tried this one yet. I'll explain why below)
Why didn't I lose the full 5 pounds that was promised by Nutrisystem? Well, this is where the being honest part comes in. I didn't follow the diet perfectly. My daughter Bella got straight A's on her report card and wanted to get free cheeseburgers with her A's. How could I say no to that? She's being frugal and she worked hard to get good grades! Well I had every intention of passing up on the McDonald's and eating a Nutrisystem dinner, but I gave in to temptation and had a cheeseburger and a small bag of fries. Also, when I was at my sister's house last weekend, they ordered pizza and I LOVE pizza, so I did eat a slice of that too.
I am still proud of my accomplishment of losing 4 pounds! That gets me closer to my goal weight! This week I get to eat more food following the Nutrisystem plan. My goal is to lose 1-2 pounds. I have failed at weight loss so many times in the past and now my mindset has changed. I'm not always going to be perfect, but if I try my best and lose a pound or two a week, that's great! It really adds up in the end! Think about it! If you lose 1 pound a week, that's 52 pounds in a year! It may not be super fast, but that is the healthy way to lose weight and you will be less likely to put it all back on.
I am excited about this week to come! I get to add more fresh food with my Nutrisytem foods. Next week, I will let you know how it went!
Week 1 Nutrisystem Results:
Starting Weight: 186
Current Weight: 182
Weight Loss to Date: 4 pounds
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.