Majesco Entertainment Unveils Zumba® Fitness Core at Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3); Coming this Fall to Kinect for Xbox 360 and Wii
Sculpt Your Abs with the Newest Release in the Best-Selling Game Franchise that Has Now Surpassed 7 Million SoldLos Angeles, California – June 5, 2012 – Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), West Hall, Booth #5200 – Majesco Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: COOL), publisher of the wildly successful Zumba® Fitness video game franchise that’s sold more than 7 million copies worldwide, today from the E3 show floor debuted Zumba® Fitness Core, an energized dance-fitness party featuring choreography specifically designed to deliver tight and toned abs as well as an effective total-body workout. Zumba® Fitness Core is expected to launch this fall on the Wii™ and Kinect™ for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.
“We have realized tremendous success with our Zumba® Fitness franchise that now ranks as the #2 best-selling fitness game franchise of all time, second only to the Wii Fit™ series that pioneered the category,” said Jesse Sutton, Chief Executive Officer, Majesco Entertainment. “We know from research that the #1 area women want to transform is their abs and Zumba® Fitness Core is the first and only video game to implement this consumer-driven feature. The ‘core’ focus is in addition to content fans have asked for: more licensed tracks, new dance styles and additional fitness features designed to maximize your total body, at home workout.”
“The same way Zumba® Fitness revolutionized the negative stigmas of fitness from the ‘no pain, no gain’ notion to the ‘no pain, ALL gain’ position, Zumba® Fitness is revolutionizing the idea of ab workouts,” said Jeffrey Perlman, Chief Marketing Officer, Zumba Fitness. “The days of crunches are over. Zumba® Fitness Core takes a new approach. Participants are standing up, rocking out to amazing music and getting the most effective ab sculpting workout in the market. It is the only party around where you don't have to bring a six pack, but you may just walk out with one.”
Rock your core and dance your way to toned, sexy abs with Zumba® Fitness Core, featuring 40 new songs and routines, more than 30 international dance styles from around the world and hot new choreography that’s designed to sculpt stronger abs through an exhilarating full body workout. Lose yourself in the music as celebrity Zumba® instructors guide you through choreography set to contagious new Zumba® fitness originals and a broader mix of smash hits from hot artists including Enrique Iglesias and Don Omar (full soundtrack to be announced at a future date).
In addition, Zumba® Fitness Core offers even more new and returning features:
- Shake it to fresh new dance styles like Brazilian Funk, Polynesian, Celtic Bluegrass, Jive, Jazz, African and Disco that complement Salsa, Cumbia, Bollywood and Reggaeton to deliver over 30 rhythms, more than any other dance or fitness game;
- Keep your fitness regimen on track with new personal and community goals plus nutrition and wellness tips;
- Experience exotic new venues like Tiki Beach, a Venetian Ballroom and Waterfall Resort;
- Learn the basic steps with expanded tutorials that now include Bollywood and Samba styles along with Salsa, Reggaeton, Merengue and Cumbia;
- Dance with new celebrity instructors Loretta Bates and Nicholas Logrea who join returning Zumba® superstars Beto, Gina Grant, Tanya Beardsley and Kass Martin;
- Work out with a friend on Kinect for Xbox 360 or throw a dance party in your living room with up to 3 friends on Wii™;
Dance hands-free on Kinect for Xbox 360 and Wii with the included Zumba® Fitness belt that lets you holster your Wii Remote™.
Majesco Entertainment invites you to get hands-on with Zumba® Fitness Core for the first time at E3 in Majesco Entertainment’s booth located in West Hall, #5200. On June 5th celebrity Zumba® instructor Gina Grant will also be on site for interviews and demos.
Click here to get a first look at Zumba® Fitness Core and download the newest assets.
Zumba® Fitness Core is expected to launch this October on Kinect for Xbox 360 and Wii™. Pre-order the game online at GameStop.com and find out more at www.ZumbaFitnessGame.com.