More About Recess Music and U R Some 1:
U R Some 1 opens with the welcoming message of “U R U,” featuring the friendly voices of The Happy Crowd. The album offers up some nifty scientific info on “Body Parts” by Amy Lowe and the rollicking “The Five Senses Boogie” by The Bee’s Knees. Katherine Dines extols the power of imagination on “It’s Amazing What You Can Do With Your Brain.” Anna Moo’s joyous, 12-bar blues, “You’re An Animal Too.” is sure to get kids up and dancing. Slugs and Bugs’ Woody Guthrie-influenced “Piggy Little Toes” is a showcase for some exquisite five-string banjo and fiddle playing. The country sounds of The Coles’ “Put Your Happy Face On” are guaranteed to cheer up little ones who are having a rough day. Seth Decker encourages kids not to follow the crowd but, rather, to “Follow Your Nose.” Likewise, a “listen to the voice inside you” message is endorsed by Palo Colorado on his smooth, easy listening “Still Small Voice.” A breathtakingly beautiful a capella preamble enhances the anti-war message of Lisa Atkinson’s “Arms Are For Hugging.” Peter Himmelman incorporates Big Band sounds on “Feet,” an ode to the pedal extremities featuring his highly entertaining backup singers. The Swingset Mamas, exuding style and confidence, bring the album to an inspirational close with a happy beat on their “Great To Be Me”.
Recess Music’s “Best Foot Forward” series could be thought of as the musical complement to a hip, up-to-date, and entirely relevant “course in manners” that reinforces a profound subtext and encourages kids to be the very best they can be. Almost all children really want to have friends and be good playmates, but to achieve these objectives they must learn key social structures and conventions, such as how to say, “I’m sorry” or how to live by the rule of “no put-downs” toward others. The first release in the “Best Foot Forward” series, Big Bully, presents songs promoting these healthy, positive ideas by asking the question “Why can’t we just be friends?” Featured artists on Big Bully include such kids’ music luminaries as Milkshake, The Hipwaders, and Renee & Jeremy. The folks at Recess Music hope that Big Bully, in conjunction with U R Some 1, will help to encourage discussion among parents, children, and educators about harmony, understanding, social justice, and global peace, as well as the particular challenges caused by the unfortunate presence of intimidation and bullying behavior on our social landscape.
While experiencing a multi-faceted life as a mother, wife, and minister, Nancy Doan became convinced of the need to make the world a better place through a two-fold approach: sustaining our environment and teaching kindness. Because music held a prominent place in both her own childhood and her experiences as a mother, Nancy developed an appreciation of the power of music as an educational tool. When the onset of systemic lupus erythematosus dictated a career change, she cast about for a way to continue to serve the causes to which she had dedicated her life. This search ultimately led to the creation of Recess Music, as a company dedicated to the twin goals of environmental awareness and social empathy through its “Celebrate Earth” and “Best Foot Forward” series of recordings.
You can purchase U R Some 1 on Amazon for $13.39! This CD is not available until October 25th, however you can pre-order it now!
Thanks to the publisher, one lucky Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy reader will win a CD copy of U R Some 1! (US and Canada Residents Only)
You MUST be a follower of Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy via Google Friend Connect (located at the right) for your entry to count. And you MUST include your email address with each entry.
Follow Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy via Google Friend Connect. AND Like Recess Music on Facebook. (both combined = 1 entry)
That's all you have to do! But, if you'd like to receive extra entries you can:
- Follow Recess Music on Twitter here. (1 entry)
- Like Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy on Facebook here. (1 entry)
- Follow Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy on Networked Blogs. (1 entry)
- Follow Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy on Twitter here. (1 entry)
- Tweet this giveaway. (1 entry daily, include the link)
- Enter another Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy giveaway. (1 entry for each giveaway entered)
- Post the Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy button (located at the right) on your blog. (5 entries, leave me a link)
- Post the One Year Blogversary Event button (located at the right) on your blog. (5 entries, leave me a link)
This giveaway ends October 31, 2011 at 11:59 pm. Good luck!
* Lucky winner or winners will be selected through True Random Number Generator.* If your profile page does not show your email address, please include your email address in your comment. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org -- so that I may get in touch with you if you are selected as the giveaway winner. * Each giveaway winner has 48 hours to respond to my email about getting the awesome giveaway prize to him/her. If the winner does not reply to my email within 48 hours, I will choose another winner using the True Random Number Generator. * I do contact each winner via email
Disclosure: I received the products mentioned above for this review. No monetary compensation was received by me. This is my completely honest opinion above and may differ from yours. Because I do not directly ship most giveaways from my home, I cannot be held liable for lost or not received products.