More About Tiger Balm:
The Tiger Balm Philosophy:
Tiger Balm aims to deliver health and well being through proven oriental wisdom. Our belief is that that no one should be constrained from leading a full and active life because of aches, pains and everyday discomforts.
With over 100 years of proven success in over 100 countries, Tiger Balm's world renowned ointment has proven that ‘it works where it hurts’. Over the years Tiger Balm has been customized into a range of formulations and applications that suit your specific needs. Tried, tested and trusted by generations, rest assured that whatever your age or lifestyle, Tiger Balm has a remedy made with you in mind.
Tiger Balm's Heritage:
Tiger Balm has risen from the ancient courts of Chinese emperors to worldwide prominence.
It all began when Aw Chu Kin, a Chinese herbalist working in the Emperor’s court, left China and set up a small medicine shop called Eng Aun Tong in Rangoon in the late 1870s, where he would make and sell his special ointment that was effective in relieving all kinds of aches and pains.
When Aw Chu Kin died in 1908, he left his business to his two sons Aw Boon Haw (meaning ‘gentle tiger’) and Aw Boon Par (meaning ‘gentle leopard’). They took the business to Singapore and successfully sold their ointment to surrounding countries like Malaya, Hong Kong, Batavia, Siam and various cities in China. Aw Boon Haw was the marketing genius who named the product Tiger Balm.
Tiger Balm has since been immortalized as one of the world’s best-known pain-relieving formulations. The rest as they said, was history.SWEEPSTAKES:
You can win a trip for two to Maui, an Apple iPad, or one of three iPod nanos by entering the Tiger Balm Sweepstakes. The entry form can be found by “Liking” their Facebook page. Tiger Balm also does a weekly drawing where one randomly chosen Facebook fan wins a gift pack filled with about $50 worth of Tiger Balm products! Those are a lot of great reasons to "like" them on Facebook!
You can purchase Tiger Balm Products online or at a retailer near you! You can also request a $1.00 off coupon here.
Thanks to Tiger Balm, three lucky Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy readers will win a tube of Tiger Balm's Neck & Shoulder Rub! (US Residents Only)
You MUST be a follower of Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy via Google Friend Connect (located at the right) for your entry to count. And you MUST include your email address with each entry.
Follow Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy via Google Friend Connect. AND Like Tiger Balm on Facebook! (both combined = 1 entry)
That's all you have to do! But, if you'd like to receive extra entries you can:
- Follow Tiger Balm on Twitter here. (1 entry)
- Like Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy on Facebook here. (1 entry)
- Follow Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy on Networked Blogs. (1 entry)
- Follow Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy on Twitter here. (1 entry)
- Tweet this giveaway. (1 entry daily, include the link)
- Enter another Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy giveaway. (1 entry for each giveaway entered)
- Post the Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy button (located at the right) on your blog. (5 entries, leave me a link)
- Post the One Year Blogversary button (located at the right) on your blog. (5 entries, leave me a link)
This giveaway ends October 24, 2011 at 11:59 pm. Good luck!
* Lucky winner or winners will be selected through True Random Number Generator.* If your profile page does not show your email address, please include your email address in your comment. For example: email@example.com -- so that I may get in touch with you if you are selected as the giveaway winner. * Each giveaway winner has 48 hours to respond to my email about getting the awesome giveaway prize to him/her. If the winner does not reply to my email within 48 hours, I will choose another winner using the True Random Number Generator. * I do contact each winner via email
Disclosure: I received the products mentioned above for this review. No monetary compensation was received by me. This is my completely honest opinion above and may differ from yours. Because I do not directly ship most giveaways from my home, I cannot be held liable for lost or not received products.