Well, since that thermometer wasn't going to get us anywhere, and since I really didn't want to get a rectal temperature, hubby and I went to the store for a better option. We bought a thermometer that you stick in your child's ear to get their temperature. I thought this was great! It only took a few seconds to get her temperature and it was much easier to put it in her ear than in her mouth. Well, the accuracy isn't that great for an ear thermometer. I would always have to take her temperature 3 times and average the three readings to get a gauge of what her temperature was. Her pediatrician did not recommend this thermometer because of the accuracy issue. He recommended the rectal thermometer, which I really didn't want to use! Another issue with the ear thermometer was when Bella had ear infections, which she had many, the ear thermometer hurt her poor ears and made her cry anytime I got near her with it.
Okay, now that you know what didn't work for me, I am happy to tell you what does work for me! We have been the proud owners of the Exergen Temporal Thermometer for a year and a half now. (I recently received another one to review which I will be happily giving to my sister-in-law at her baby shower, so that she doesn't have to go through the trial and error that I've had to endure.) What I like about this thermometer are the things that I disliked about the other thermometers. This is a non-invasive thermometer. You can just gently run it across your sick child's forehead and in literally seconds you will have an accurate temperature. You can take your baby's temperature with this thermometer without even waking her up! Babies cannot run very high temperatures. It is important to get an accurate temperature to relay to your doctor so that your baby gets the proper care. Exergen's Temporal Thermometer is as accurate as a rectal thermometer! Yay for Exergen! This is a wonderful product for new mom's out there and comes at a very affordable price. At around $35, you can afford to have this wonderful thermometer in your home! It is so easy to use! This thermometer makes this mommy happy! I use it a lot on my children and my daycare kiddos! No one complains when I take their temperature with this thermometer.
You can purchase your own Exergen Temporal Thermometer at Walmart, Target, Toys 'R Us and other select retailers.
Thanks to Exergen, one lucky Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy reader will win an Exergen Temporal Thermometer! (US Residents Only)
You MUST be a follower of Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy via Google Friend Connect (located at the right) for your entry to count. And you MUST include your email address with each entry.
Follow Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy via Google Friend Connect. AND Leave me a comment stating why you'd like to win this. (both combined = 1 entry)
That's all you have to do! But, if you'd like to receive extra entries you can:
- Like Exergen on Facebook here. (1 entry)
- Follow Exergen on Twitter here. (1 entry)
- Like Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy on Facebook here. (1 entry)
- Follow Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy on Networked Blogs. (1 entry)
- Follow Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy on Twitter here. (1 entry)
- Tweet this giveaway. (1 entry daily, include the link)
- Enter another Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy giveaway. (1 entry for each giveaway entered)
- Post the Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy button (located at the right) on your blog. (5 entries, leave me a link)
- Post the One Year Blogversary button (located at the right) on your blog. (5 entries, leave me a link)
This giveaway ends October 21, 2011 at 11:59 pm. Good luck!
* Lucky winner or winners will be selected through True Random Number Generator.* If your profile page does not show your email address, please include your email address in your comment. For example: email@example.com -- so that I may get in touch with you if you are selected as the giveaway winner. * Each giveaway winner has 48 hours to respond to my email about getting the awesome giveaway prize to him/her. If the winner does not reply to my email within 48 hours, I will choose another winner using the True Random Number Generator. * I do contact each winner via email
Disclosure: I received the products mentioned above for this review. No monetary compensation was received by me. This is my completely honest opinion above and may differ from yours. Because I do not directly ship most giveaways from my home, I cannot be held liable for lost or not received products.