Friday, June 24, 2011

Thrifty Tip Friday!


#156 Thrifty Family Fun: Catching Fireflies! What better way is there to enjoy some outdoor time with your kids than to catch lightening bugs/fireflies!? I remember doing this as a child and have such great memories of staying up after dark to fill a jar of these glowing bugs! I recently tried this with my kids because I decided they were old enough. I couldn't believe it... Bella caught one before me! They loved staring at the bugs and watching them light up. We did let them go after the kids went to bed, so no bugs were harmed in the making of this thrifty tip! Bella and Sam keep talking about this and want to do it more often. The best part is that this was absolutely FREE! Remember... making fun family memories doesn't have to cost money!

No comments: