Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Daily Thrifty Tip for January 20, 2011


#52 Crock pot cooking! Cooking in your crock pot is a great way to have a tasty dinner waiting for you when you come home from work! This helps the dining out problem too! It is always cheaper to eat at home than to eat out! When I worked outside of he home, we were always too tired to make anything at the end of the day. We'd frequently make stops to McDonald's, Taco Bell, etc. This was not healthy for our family and cost alot of extra money as well. The crock pot can really help you out of this dilemma! It takes a little preparation in the morning or the night before, but it is always wonderful to come home to a cooked meal!

1 comment:

Carol said...

I love my crockpot!
It was a present from Sister in Law for Christmas.
I am in the experimental stage still.
I am finding even on low setting it only needs about 6 hours before meat is so tender it falls apart when a fork is inserted.
My guide tells me average 8-10 hrs.

I am on the lookout for recipes now.

carol